Virtual Gastric Band
The Virtual Gastric Band (VGB) weight loss programme
- Gives you the benefits of weight loss surgery without the invasive operation, expensive medical costs or lengthy recovery period.
- Is for people who know that diets work... in the short term.
- Is not a diet... and doesn't deprive you of anything... it's a lifestyle change.
- Uses the power of hypnosis to convince your subconscious mind that a silicone band has been fitted around the top part of your stomach... with a smaller capacity... so retrains you to be satisfied with smaller amounts of food.
- Changes how you think about food... you learn to eat smaller portions... and feel fuller for longer.
- Was developed by Sheila Granger in Britain.
What is involved?
The programme consists of four hypnotherapy sessions, tailored to your specific goals and individual needs. The sessions are best completed within a four to six-week period.
During this time, you'll be encouraged to follow some simple guidelines and be given two personalised audios to assist you along the way.
Sheila Granger's Work and Trial Results
Eighty per cent of Sheila Granger's clients were coming to see her for weight control. Her weight control method using hypnotherapy worked well, but she decided to include the "virtual gastric band" into her programme.
Sheila conducted a free trial for 25 people and found it to be positive for 24 of the 25 people. Total weight loss was an impressive 190 lb (419 kg) in five weeks. A general practitioner in East Yorkshire, UK, arranged for a second trial to be conducted for 12 of his patients who had been removed from the weight loss surgery list on the UK's National Health Services waiting list. Again 95% of the group experienced a positive result.
How much does the VGB programme cost?
The cost of the programme is $595 - this includes four sessions, two personalised audios plus written guidelines.
Further support sessions are available for people with additional and/or long term goals.